Gourmet Salt Herbed Dry Salt Cooking Blend, in a grinder jar
The perfect finishing salt, these specially crafted herb and salt blends have marvelously rich flavors that are great to start seasoning a dish or as the last spark before you serve a dish. They has a long shelf-life because you can use the salt and herbs whole then grind them onto or into dish.
So using a similar style of grinder jar I use for my Herbal Salt Substitutes, I was able to craft Gourmet Herb-Seasoned Salts with mined rock sea salt.
For those of you who do not know what rock salt is: Mined salts, also called rock salts, are extracted from the earth like other precious mined commodities, and are generally processed by being boiled in brine from which the liquid evaporates, leaving mountains of chunky salt crystals behind. Some of these crystals are actually slabs, which are large enough that you can bake or grill foods directly on them, seasoning the food with luscious natural brine. Before it is processed, table salt is a mined salt.
So far I have perfected six blends. Each are available separately for $5.25 in a grinding jar.
1. Mustard / Garlic (Yellow) Gourmet Salt has dry mustard, garlic, oregano, marjoram, thyme, my own hand-blended curry, onion, celery seed and dill. It has a strong savory flavor and is good on meats, poultry and grilled items.
2. Paprika / Onion (Red) Gourmet Salt is a blend for soups and vegetables, that is also good on meats. It contains parsley, onion, sage, marjoram and paprika.
3. Spiced Gourmet Salt is a hotter spicy blend for those who like a bit of punch in a dish. It includes peppercorns, cardamom, mustard seed, coriander seed, a touch of cayenne and other spices.
4. Lemon Thyme Gourmet Salt - this combination of lemon peel, thyme and other spices is a great rub for meats and seasoning for soups.
5. Lavender Gourmet Salt - a perfect combination of lavender buds and rock salt that is perfect to season meats and sprinkle instead of plain salt.
6. Provence Gourmet Salt - this blend of rock salt and Herbs de Provence brings salt, lavender, rosemary and other savory tastes all together in a perfect grinder of fun!
** All three items are the same cost, simply state which flavor you want in the notes of your purchase.**
In addition to these Gourmet Salts, we make Salt Substitutes, Seasoning blends, and Dip and Dressing Mixes. The Backyard Patch hand blends herbal teas, bath products and 30 other varieties of cooking herbs. For information on growing and using herbs and a showcase of our more than 150 herbal combinations for cooking, bath and tea, please visit our blog: www.backyardpatch.blogspot.com.
Because I grow and blend the herbs myself I can assure you no preservatives or pesticides have been used. I can also guarantee that these blends will hold up to storage for at least 18 months and still provide a flavorful item.
** If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and if you want this or another blend made without certain ingredients, please ask as I can accommodate food sensitivities.
If you are interested in cooking with herbs, check out all our cooking blends at: