SPUD COLLECTION Set of 5 Dry Herb Mixes, hand-blended, home grown herb mixes for potatoes, no salt, no gluten, no MSG
You are looking at a combination of my FIVE best Herb Mixes for use on Potatoes.
This group of five includes a nice sample of our specialty blends, and this perfect introduction lets you make the perfect potato in the process. Provided with the set is a list of common potatoes, their flavors and uses and cooking tips to make using potatoes easier and more fun!
• Potato Topper Blend – the perfect blend to craft oven roasted potatoes!
• Salt Free Ranch Dressing / Dip – makes the best sour cream seasoning for potatoes and dips.
• Butter 'n' Cheese – a splendid butter on a baked, mashed or roasted potatoes.
• Herbal Spread – another butter blend with the gentle flavor boiled potatoes need.
• Garlic & Herb Combination - my answer to perfect garlic bread or garlic mashed potatoes.
Each mix comes in a zip seal pouch for easy storage along with tips, instructions and easy-to-follow recipes for creating herb-flavored delights. Although each was originally crafted to make a particular item, years of experimentation by customers and family has resulted in extra recipes and variations which are included with each mix. I even include a recipe book with even more ideas for using these time-saving mixes.
Try them and enjoy!
Here is a detailed description of the mixes in this combination:
1) Potato Topper Blend - Blend this mix with olive oil to create oven-roasted magic with a pound of potatoes (recipe included). Or add to butter or sour cream to top your baked or mashed potatoes. This blend includes a variety of perfect flavors like thyme, parsley, dill, rosemary, garlic, paprika, and black pepper. Totally salt-free and you won't even miss it!
2) Salt-Free Ranch Dressing/Dip - This mild and tasty blend of herbs creates the perfect topping for baked potatoes or ad a dip for room temperature roasted potatoes. It also can be used to make both a traditional Ranch salad dressing when using buttermilk or a dip for vegetables and chips with sour cream and mayonnaise. You can even use it in taco salad!
3) Butter 'n' Cheese - My personal favorite mix, I cannot cook without it. This medley of seven herbs creates a great herbal butter or cream cheese spread. You can also sprinkle it on vegetables. Wonderful on baked, mashed or roasted potatoes as an herbal butter. You only need 1 tablespoon of the mix to an 8 ounce package of cream cheese or two sticks of butter (and it tastes just as good with low cholesterol alternatives). I make the butter in advance and freeze it until entertaining. Everyone thinks I slaved in the kitchen! Contains: basil, tarragon, chives, marjoram, garlic, parsley & rosemary.
4) Herbal Spread - Another of my early creations, this versatile blend makes a good cream cheese spread, and also great herb butter. The gentle herbal butter it creates is a tasty addition to your baked, boiled or mashed potatoes. Thinned with milk it can be used as an herb dip and dry you can add it to vegetables, pasta sauce and soup. Contains: parsley, chives, dill, oregano & thyme.
5) Garlic & Herb Combination - My top seller, probably because of the glorious garlic taste and its versatility. Blend it with butter for killer garlic bread or potato topping. Blended with butter and milk you can make perfectly flavored garlic mashed potatoes. You can also put it in oil for a toasted bread dip or pizza topping. Combine it with Cream Cheese or Sour Cream for a spread or dip. Use with vinegar and oil to make a garlic dressing that doubles as a marinade. All these recipes are included along with others for creating a tomato bruschetta or vegetable pasta toss that is good hot or cold.
The Backyard Patch hand blends more than 20 different mixes of herbs used for creating salad dressings, dips, sauces, rubs, and flavorings for cheese and butter. We also make herbal teas, bath products and 30 other varieties of cooking herbs. For information on growing and using herbs and a showcase of our more than 150 herbal combinations for cooking, bath and tea, please visit our website: www.backyardpatch.com.
Like all blends from the Backyard Patch we guarantee an 18 to 24 month shelf-life, because we hand-blend only the freshest herbs. All Backyard Patch herbs are raised organically and are chemical and pesticide free.
If you are interested in cooking with herbs, check out all our cooking blends in the Cooking Herbs and Dips, Dressing and Rubs Collections