I love winter, but this time of year I start itching for warmer weather, outdoor activities and gardening. To help me with this urge, when the weather just does not cooperate, I make tea and have fun with herb crafts.
Lemon Balm and Lemon tea will do wonders to lift your spirits especially in the spring. This fun punch can be made for your Springtime Brunch or first outdoor or indoor event. It uses our Zesty Lemon tea that contains lemon grass, lemon balm, lemon thyme, lemon verbena and lemon peel.
Below the tea is a step-by-step to make some notecards by pounding flowers and leaves.
Springtime Tea Punch
2 cups sugar
2 Tbls BYP Zesty Lemon Tea
2 ½ cups water
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh orange juice
1-6 ounce can frozen pineapple juice concentrate
2 liters ginger ale, chilled
In a saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, remove from heat. Add tea and steep for 5 to 7 minutes. Strain out tea leaves, stir in the lemon, orange and pineapple juices. Refrigerate. Just before serving, combine with ginger ale in a large punch bowl. Serves 16 to 20.
Flower Pounded Note Cards
- Fresh flowers and leaves
- Rubber mallet
- Card Stock or paper bags
- Parchment or wax paper
- Paper towel
- Choose flowers and leaves from your garden or florist
- Place a towel on a firm surface.
- Place a board over the towel.
- Position cardstock, paper, fabric, etc on board.
- Take flowers and leaves and position face down on paper.
- Lay paper towel over flowers.
- Tape materials down to the wood board so it does not shift.
- Pound with rubber mallet, being careful not to allow flower to reposition itself.
- Remove covering and flower remnants
- Trim to use as cards.
For more detailed instructions and photos, check out the How to on pounded flower gifts on the external Blog.