Thanksgiving Leftover Braid Bake
- 2 cups diced leftover turkey
- 1 cup blanched broccoli florets (or thawed frozen)
- 8 oz. shredded medium to sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls Backyard Patch Marcy's Dill Dip Mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise or whipped salad dressing
- 2 cans ready to use crescent dough
- 1 egg white beaten with water
- Slivered almonds for garnish
Combine Marcy's Dill Dip with mayo in a small bowl and set aside. Mix turkey, broccoli, cheese and onion in a large bowl, but do not bruise or mush. Add the garlic to the mix and stir. Blend in the Dill Dip mixture adding salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare your favorite rich roll dough or unwrap two packages of crescent roll dough and place on a baking stone or in a jelly roll pan. Pinch the seams together to make a 12 x 14-inch rectangle of dough.
Place turkey mix in the center third of the dough. Cut the remainder of the dough surrounding the mixture into 1-inch strips in all directions. Pull those strips over top of the turkey mixture braiding and crossing them over the center.
Once all the strips have been used and cover the turkey mixture, pinch all the edges together. Brush them with beaten egg wash and sprinkle with slivered almonds. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 28 minutes. Serves 4 to 6.