Flavored Butter or Cream Cheese Mix-ins Gift Set, dry herb seasoning blend, herb mix, cheese spread
You are looking at a combination of my FIVE favorite Herb Mixes for blending into Butter and/or Cream Cheese (or other soft cheeses.) They are salt-free and gluten-free too!
These are perfect for entertaining as all go well with ricotta, cream cheese or goat cheese and pair up nicely with both white and red wines. The set comes with recipes and wine paring information.
This group of five includes a perfect set of my specialty blends that not only introduces you to the large number of Herb Blends I make, it also makes entertaining a snap because all of these blends can make spreads to go on crackers, bagels and toast. Even better news -- you can use no-fat or low fat cream cheese and the herb flavors will never let you know the spreads are better for you!
This Set of FIVE contains:
• Herbal Spread – a butter blend that is lightly savory in cream cheese, especially good with a Chardonnay.
• Butter 'n' Cheese – a splendid butter or cream cheese spread with a hint of onion and garlic
• Boursin Cheese Blend – this vivid blend turns cottage cheese into a marvelous spread.
• Cilantro Spread – this blend makes the greatest cheese ball.
• Herb Cheese Dip - This is a ricotta and cottage cheese spread that is perfect with chardonnay for a great appetizer.
Each mix comes in a zip seal pouch for easy storage along with tips, instructions and easy-to-follow recipes for creating herb-flavored delights. Although each was originally crafted to make a particular item, years of experimentation by customers and family has resulted in extra recipes and variations which are included with each mix. I even include a recipe book with even more ideas for using these time-saving mixes.
Try them and enjoy the richness of herbs!
Here is a detailed description of the mixes in this combination:
1) Herbal Spread - One of my early creations, this versatile blend makes a good cream cheese spread, and also great herb butter. The gentle herbal butter it creates is a tasty addition to your toast and muffins in the morning. Thinned with milk it can be used as an herb dip and dry you can add it to vegetables, pasta sauce and soup. Contains: parsley, chives, dill, oregano & thyme.
2) Boursin Cheese Blend -- This classic French specialty can be used fresh or frozen for later. Using ricotta and / or cottage cheese you can craft a great spread that is perfect on toasted bread or crackers and is great with a wine and cheese tray. You can even create an Alfredo sauce with the recipe included. Made with chives, parsley, marjoram, onion and black pepper.
3) Butter 'n' Cheese - My personal favorite mix, I cannot cook without it. This medley of seven herbs creates a great herbal butter or cream cheese spread. You can also sprinkle it on vegetables. You only need 1 tablespoon of the mix to an 8 ounce package of cream cheese or two sticks of butter (and it tastes just as good with low cholesterol alternatives). I make the butter in advance and freeze it until entertaining. Everyone thinks I slaved in the kitchen! Contains: basil, tarragon, chives, marjoram, garlic, parsley & rosemary.
4) Cilantro Spread - Another butter and spread mixture, this blend contains cilantro for creating a tangy cheese ball or flavored butter. Includes: parsley, oregano, thyme, cilantro.
5) Herb Cheese Dip - Using Ricotta Cheese and Cottage Cheese with this blend will give you a richer zestier cheese dip or spread that is great with wines. This blend has a combination of garlic, basil, parsley, chives, marjoram and black pepper for a light flavor-filled creation.
The Backyard Patch hand blends more than 39 different mixes of herbs used for creating salad dressings, dips, sauces, rubs, and flavorings for cheese and butter. We also make herbal teas, bath products and 30 other varieties of cooking herbs.
Like all blends from the Backyard Patch we guarantee an 18 to 24 month shelf-life, because we hand-blend only the freshest herbs. All Backyard Patch herbs are raised organically and are chemical and pesticide free.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST:
We have a monthly email newsletter that contains coupons, articles on growing and using herbs and recipes for using herbs. Join the newsletter here and know that we never share your information with outside sources.
For information on growing and using herbs and a showcase of our more than 150 herbal combinations for cooking, bath and tea, please visit our website: www.backyardpatch.blogspot.com.