Provolone Pull-Apart Bread
You just grab a loaf of French or Sourdough pre-baked bread add a few great ingredients and seasonings from Backyard Patch Herbs to make this bread to bake in the oven after you pull out the bird to rest and are getting everything else to the table. Make it ahead, wrap in foil and set aside until you are all done with everything else.
- 1 pound loaf French or Sourdough bread
- 6 slices of provolone cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce (get a jar or make sauce with BYP Marinara Blend)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Backyard Patch Garlic and Herb Combination
- 1/2 teaspoon Backyard Patch Italian Seasoning
- Fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a piece of foil large enough to wrap the loaf on a baking sheet. Coat the foil with nonstick spray. Cut the loaf into 1-inch slices, leaving 1/4 inch of the base intact. Repeat cuts in the opposite direction to create squares. Place the bread on the foil. Divide the cheese among the openings.
Whisk together butter, marinara, herb seasonings, and drizzle over the bread. Wrap the foil over the loaf and bake for 15 minutes. Remove loaf from oven and open the foil. Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees. Bake another 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden. Let loaf rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley as desired. Makes 8 to 10 servings.